• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 32 other followers

Round Three

image

Third round of the Mystery Quilt. This seems to “glow” don’t you think?

It has been a while since I’ve been in my studio – been catching every “bug” my grand kids have gifted me this winter. But I don’t think I will give up hugging and kissing those babies.

Sew Sweet!
Lynn

Playing Can Be Fun

image

I started sewing scraps together….I turned it upside down and a face appeared! I think he is laughing at me – and the hair is crazy cute. This is small, about lap size maybe 38″ x 52″. I think I will put some straight borders on and quilt it up, emphasizing the facial features. He may want to hang on a wall.

Sew Funny,
Lynn

Oops, I Did It Again

I made another thread box out of fabric….

image

image

image

Sew much fun! I used some small scraps and stiched them on a heavy duty interfacing, I used a fancy machine stitch and just let the raw edges hang out. Then I thread sketched a heart shape on the lid -just because there was space. This one will hold red threads.

Well this was not the plan today but it called out at me and there it is….

Next project is trying to form, we will see what happens.

Sew Wonderful!
Lynn

Project Bag

image

Front side with clear plastic window.

image

The back is a left over block with additional borders.
It’s is about 15″ tall by 13″ wide.

Made time “fly”!

Sew flirty!
Lynn

Finished Heart Top

image

The heart top for my grandson is completed and ready to load on the mid-arm. The backing will be a Texas Rangers print – cause actually a heart is not too boy like and had to man it up somehow.
Love this quilt, it was fun to do. I started on graph paper and used each square as a 2″ finished block.

image

Counted out my finished size and marked the “boundaries”. Within that rectangle I free drew a heart shape. Put together 2.5″ haphazard sized blue-red rectangles, and did the same with the background. Using the squares on the graph paper I counted the number of squares in a column that were background, red, background – that determined the lengths of each sub-cut. Then it was a matter of sewing columns and sewing pairs and sewing those pairs together until the top was done. Easy peasy, no math – just accurate counting. One could do any simple shape inside a field and have a great free form design.

image

I used blue-red, blue, purple and even orange to add interest and make the coloring seem more masculine. If I were to go the other direction on the color wheel, it would have been easy to make it more feminine with magenta and fuchsia melding into pinks – with that color scheme I would have added some yellow to add interest.

Sew On!
Lynn

A New Heart

image

Almost have the Heart sewn together. I still need more background, but that shouldn’t take too long. Maybe by Sunday I can get this top completed, find a backing and get this loaded on the mid-arm.

Sew Loved
Lynn

Couple of things

I’ve been working on a couple of things.

image

Zeke’s Quilt is taking shape.

image

Then, clue number 2 is sewn onto the Mystery Quilt.
Looks like I’m accomplishing something!
Sew Long!
Lynn